Tasmanian Night Sky Photography Awards
The Tasmanian Night Sky Photography Awards (TNSPA) are part of the Aurora Australis & Night Sky Festival held in Hobart in August 2015.
The Tasmanian Night Sky Photography Awards are seeking your best images and footage of the Tasmanian night sky that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- night sky
- panorama (stitched images)
- young photographer (18 and under)
- bioluminescence (special category)
- Antarctica and sub-antarctic islands (special category)
- timelapse (video)
The TNSPA are open to residents of all countries as long as the image/timelapse was taken in Tasmania (or Antarctica and sub-antarctic islands for the special category). Supporting evidence may be requested from the judging panel.
How to enter
Entries can be made on this website from June 11 to
June 28 June 29 (24 hr extension).
Entries to the 2015 Tasmanian Night Sky Photography Awards are now closed.
Finalists will be announced on July 02.
All images must be 3000 pixels on the longest edge as jpg high quality.
Timelapse videos should be submitted in high definition as YouTube or Vimeo links.
There is a fee of $10 per entry.
A panel of judges will score each image taking into account a range of criteria including composition, originality, technical merit and overall impact. The judges are Margaret Sonnemann, Nick Monk, Rob Blakers and Loic Le Guilly.
Exhibition at Wild Island
The finalists will be invited to exhibit their work at the prestigious Wild Island in Hobart for 4 weeks.
Awards & prizes
On August 14 we will announce and celebrate the award winners at Wild Island. There will be one winner per category and an overall winner for best image (timelapse and Antarctica categories will be excluded from overall winner).
Award winners and runner ups will get prizes such as camera gear, outdoor equipment, printing services, accommodation and more… stay tuned for more info soon ! Check out our awesome sponsors.
– online entries will open on June 11 and close on June 28
– finalists announced on July 02 (this will leave a month to organise printing and framing for the TNSPA exhibition)
– exhibition opening on August 07 and closing on September 03
– awards announced on August 14
– exhibition closing on September 03